You Are Reading

0

Matt Wants To Stay For Years...

Lee Tuesday 19 October 2010 ,
'Doctor Who' actor Matt Smith admits he is keen to push the boundaries of the sci-fi show and wants to continually make it better.

The 27-year-old actor is relishing playing the Time Lord in the BBC One sci-fi series and has hinted he wants to stay in the role for years to come and make the show better with each new run. He told reporters: "I try not to rest on my laurels really, I'm trying to keep pushing the boundaries. It's kind of like Hamlet but for television because it's boundless and you can reinvent it every day. So I'm trying to push the boundaries and trying to evolve. My intention is that I've started and I want to get better, I don't know how long I'll do it for, but I want there to be a marked improvement every time."

Matt also revealed filming of the next series is well underway and is going well. He said: "We're shooting the new series. We've got another 30 weeks of filming left but it's going great. We're off and we're cooking."
The actor will be joined in the next season by Karen Gillan, who plays The Doctor's companion Amy Pond, and Arthur Darvill, who portrays Amy's husband Rory Williams.

So, my fellow Whovians, what's your opinion? Should Matt stay for years or, should he go before he becomes too stale? We all know people didn't want David to go but, at the end of the day (or time if you like!!), we all knew it was the right decision for him.

0 comments: