You Are Reading

0

Smith Wants Who Movie!!!

Lee Saturday 16 October 2010 ,
'Doctor Who' star Matt Smith wants to star in a big-screen adaptation of the BBC One sci-fi series, where he plays the titular Time Lord.

The 27-year-old actor - who plays the Time Lord in the BBC One sci-fi series - thinks the show would work brilliantly on the big screen and he is ready for it if it ever got the go-ahead.

He told reporters: "I'd be thrilled if they ever did a film. I think there are infinite stories to tell because you're not bound by time or logic or any of those things so I think it could work. But, you know, there's something brilliant about the format of 'Doctor Who' how it's compact into around 40 minutes and that happens every week."

Rumours recently circulated that Johnny Depp was in line to play The Doctor in a movie version of the series.
And although Matt thinks the Hollywood superstar would be good in the part, he would fight him for the right to portray the time-travelling alien in cinemas.

He added: "I don't want to talk myself out a job but Johnny Depp would be a good Doctor, no doubt. But I would do it if they asked me, hell yeah!"

0 comments: